The Burnaby is the oldest public house in Greystones and was established in 1881 when it was known as The Railway Hotel. As it's old name suggests, it was used as a stopping point for visitors who arrived to Greystones by train as it is situated in a wonderful location in the heart of the town just opposite Greystones railway station.
In 1956 local resident and publican Liam Byrne bought The Burnaby and it has been owned and operated by the Byrne family since then. Over these years The Burnaby has become known as one of Greystones' great landmark spots and is the most traditional and popular destination for locals and visitors to enjoy the renowned hospitality that has put us firmly on the map for the past decades.
'THE RAILWAY HOTEL'
The Burnaby has been a popular stopping point for visitors to Greystones since 1881